Thursday, March 24, 2011

More leftovers!!

Hello friends,
By the time I finished cooking and eating dinner last night, I was just too tired to write and chose to watch Planet 51 instead and go to bed ;)
So, here is what I created last night:


we had about 5 croquettes left over from the night before so I placed them in a baking dish and made a quick and simple pasta sauce (tomato sauce, garlic powder, parsley, italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and a little sugar) on the stove. I then covered the croquettes with shredded mozzarella cheese and the pasta sauce. I placed the dish in the oven at 350 and baked for about 20 minutes (just to heat the croquettes and melt the cheese). I served them over some cooked penne pasta. Like a Chicken Croquette Parmigiana. Came out really good and I felt pretty accomplished that I was able to get 3 meals out of that roast chicken :)
Tonight I was burned out on cooking and we ordered in (even cooking goddesses need a break!). I will likely not be diving into cooking adventures again until Sunday night (I'm thinking maybe a crockpot meal?). So, until then, have a fabulous weekend!!
Hasta luego culinary amigos!! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment