Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Leftovers!!

Hi everyone!
Tonight I wanted to find something that I could make with the roast chicken that was left from last night. I thought about a chicken salad but felt that was too summery and too lunch-like for a cool rainy night. So I found a recipe for chicken croquettes (like crabcakes but with chicken). Again, not my recipe so here is the link:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Leftover-Chicken-Croquettes/Detail.aspx
Turned out tasty! Boyfriend described them as "tantalizing". A few changes (some based on the reviews):

I added 3 (instead of 2) eggs and baked the croquettes at 350 for ~25 minutes on a foil covered baking sheet (instead of frying so that it would be healthier, also easier clean-up!). The seasonings that I added were: Tony Chachere's creole seasoning, garlic powder, parsley flakes, and a little bit of parmesan cheese. I used my Slap-Chop style chopper to chop the chicken and let me say that it was a bit of a workout to slap that chicken into tiny pieces :) We had leftover brown rice and some multigrain noodles so one of us had the rice and the other the noodles as a side. (The noodles were rotini noodles with some olive oil, parmesan cheese and diced tomatoes) I also cooked up some simple frozen Normandy vegetables to add some color and nutrients!
I think that there are probably several variations that you can make with this recipe, whether with different seasonings, adding sauces, etc.
As usual, I had my trusty glass of chardonnay but tonight I was watching HGTV and their House Hunters and House Hunters International programs, love them!! I felt very accomplished and very relaxed as I actually went to the gym this evening and returned to take a hot shower so I was very at ease by the time I had to tackle my croquettes! Phew, what a day! Well, I'm tired and it is time to hit the hay and dream about what I might explore tomorrow (for starters attempting to get up early to run, yikes!). Till then, sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of sauce is on those Croquettes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sean...on Chris': the usual, Sciracha sauce, and on mine: Louisiana hot sauce. I think I know what you wanted me to say but I won't go there ;)

    ReplyDelete