Monday, May 2, 2011

Update

Wow, it has been a long time!! My sincerest apologies...so much has happened and my life has gotten tremendously busy! Well, to summarize in the past 1 - 2 months, I got engaged, my fiance and I bought a new place, we have been on vacation and hosted guests. Phew! In the midst of all of this I have had the opportunity to have some adventures in the kitchen, just hadn't had the opportunity to post them so I will let you know about a few and if you want any of the recipes, please let me know and I can post those as well!!
We had some friends over for a puppy playdate and I enticed my guests with some boursin cheese stuffed mushrooms, chorizo and manchego stuffed pastry shells, and french onion macaroni and cheese (recipe from Rachael Ray). Very yummy!! My mouth waters just thinking about it! We had a delicious Spanish red wine to go with it. There were also some pistachio's on the side because I'm finding that a lot of people really like pistachio's, is it the fun of eating them or the taste, I think both!
That's probably the fanciest that I have gotten lately. Otherwise I have tried some new recipes from AllRecipes which is usually my go-to website for meals. Among them:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Italian-Chicken-Skillet/Detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mozzarella-Chicken/Detail.aspx (I cut a slit in my chicken breasts and stuffed them and then kept them together with toothpicks)
Both were pretty decent and I may make them again.
Last night I wanted to try something other than chicken so I found a recipe for a tuna pasta:
http://www.food.com/recipe/tuna-pasta-119289, I ended up adding a little extra water because it was very chunky but the flavor was really good and it all went really well together topped with some parmesan cheese, yum! Accompanying the pasta, I had a glass of Novellum chardonnay 2009. I discovered this wine at the Walnut Room and really liked it, very smooth and buttery. On the TV there was a DVR recording of Ghost Adventures...ooohhh...spooky! There was a suggestion made to puree the tomatoes to make it more sauce-like and I may try this next time.
I'm really hoping that this week I will have more time to make some tantalizing dishes and tell you all about them!! Till then, have a wonderful day!!

1 comment: