Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Finger lickin' chickin'

Last night I went with one of my tried and true recipes from my amazing mom, her chicken in honey mustard sauce. So easy and so delicious!! Here is the recipe (the way I make it):
4 chicken thighs (I pull the skin off, trying to be healthier)
1 cup honey (sometimes I do 3/4 cup depending on how much chicken I have)
3/4 cup of yellow mustard (again, I may do 1/2 cup depending on amount of chicken)
1 tablespoon curry powder (I base my amount on taste, how curry-y do you like it?)
Set your oven to 350 degrees, grease a square pyrex or baking dish (I use my olive oil mister), mix ingredients together to make the sauce, place chicken in dish and season with salt and pepper, pour sauce over chicken, place in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through.
I served it with some leftover brown rice (you know my favorite recipe!) and some corn on the cob. My fiance actually added some of the honey mustard sauce to the butter on his corn and it added a nice sweet flavor to it :)
So, thank you so much to my mami for sharing one of my favorite recipes from childhood and allowing me to continue to create such deliciousness that I can enjoy whenever I want! You gotta love the feeling of finally making a recipe from your childhood on your own :)  My mom serves this with mashed potatoes which works out beautifully as well because the sauce goes SO well over the potatoes. I just didn't have any on hand. You can also add other veggies on the side like broccoli or maybe even carrots. A nice green salad is another good addition (didn't have that either). With my trusty glass of Novellum chardonnay and some George Strait playing in the background (courtesy of my fiance), it was a relaxing experience with a tasty ending! Thank you mami!!!!
Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. We had chicken to grill last night, and I tried this sauce and it was delish! So easy too with 3 ingredients I had on-hand. Thanks to you Ana-o-rama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristie, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it and that I was able to share some family delish goodness with others!! Yummers!!

    ReplyDelete